Black & Veatch Project Engineer 5-Hazardous Waste Remediation in Alpharetta, Georgia
Project Engineer 5-Hazardous Waste Remediation
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. (BVSPC) is a nationwide engineering and scientific consulting firm that provides environmental services for federal government agencies. We offer a comprehensive scope of services covering environmental investigation, design and remediation. BVSPC is seeking a full-time Project Engineer to support development of engineering cost estimates and remedial designs in support of Feasibility Studies, Remedial Design and Remedial Construction activities. The position is located in Alpharetta, GA/Overland Park, KS/Tampa, FL.
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Under general direction, develop and apply advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May include scoping remedial investigations, feasibility studies, treatability studies, cost estimating, and remedial design and construction activities.
• Establish and maintain required files to document reference, consultation, analytical methods, and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• May require periodic participation in field work (up to 30% travel).
• May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
• Other duties: Implement the developed project strategies including study plans, budgets and schedules, review scientific and engineering studies and reports for completeness, technical quality and logic.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience. Master’s Degree not required but is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with common environmental workflows
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Interpersonal/human relations, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work productively in a collaborative environment
• High initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision
• Service oriented
U.S. Citizenship Status
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Only in the absence of qualified U.S. citizens will permanent residents who are citizens of countries specified as exceptions to the appropriations act ban on paying non- U.S. citizens be considered.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.