Black & Veatch Data Manager - Environmental Scientist in Atlanta, Georgia
Data Manager - Environmental Scientist
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Black & Veatch is seeking a full time Data Manager to maintain and sustain future implementation of an EQuIS environmental data management system. The position is located in Atlanta, GA. A portion of the time for this position will be spent at the EPA Region 4 office in Atlanta, GA with the remaining time being spent in the Black & Veatch Atlanta, GA office.
U.S. Citizenship Status
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Only in the absence of qualified U.S. citizens will permanent residents who are citizens of countries specified as exceptions to the appropriations act ban on paying non- U.S. citizens be considered.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Manager will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Organize, document and track the Electronic Data Deliverables (EDDs) from all Data Providers. Provide weekly summary report.
• Assist data providers (primarily labs and consultants) with the download, set-up, and registration of the EQuIS Data Processor (EDP) for EDD data submissions.
• Provide additional quality assurance on EDDs and upload to EQuIS.
• Communicate with data providers to ensure the correct meta data for submissions and directives for error corrections.
• Project newly installed sampling locations onto mapping for verification of coordinates.
• Update and modify Valid Values in EQuIS.
• Maintain EQuIS™ Enterprise: set up users and roles; validate the workflows; assist Project Managers with dashboards; set up automated email reporting; and set up new facilities and projects.
• Interact with the Region 4’s IT group: Upgrades; Project Managers’ desktop application installations; and troubleshooting.
• Communicate with Project Managers defining reporting requirements.
• Identify data gaps
• Organize and schedule on-site and on-line Trainings.
• Maintain and post updates for all Reference files and documents found on the Electronic Data Deliverable web page: http://www.epa.gov/region4/superfund/allresource/edd/edd.html
• Monitor multiple alias email mailboxes dependent on the data provider type. Process emails for those mailboxes.
• Implement and recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures.
Minimum of 2 years’ of experience performing duties similar to those of an Environmental Scientist 3. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental or Geological Sciences, Biology, Engineering, or related field. Education may be supplemented with four (4) years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Management communications
• Experience with common environmental data workflows, particularly with analytical labs and consultants
• Experience with the reporting and graphing needs of remedial project managers
• Experience with GIS and relational database integration
• Knowledge of relational databases in general and EQuIS in particular
• Interpersonal/human relations, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work productively in a collaborative environment.
• High initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Service oriented
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.