Black & Veatch Project Manager - Power Delivery (T&D) in Burlington, Massachusetts
Project Manager - Power Delivery (T&D)
Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, start up, optimization and maintenance.
Ability to manage all aspects of small to medium Services projects and small Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) projects, including risk to cost, schedule, and quality; Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Facilitates the staffing of the project; Manages and leads a small to medium team of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Complexity – manages all aspects of small to medium Services projects and small EPC projects with minimal risk
• Number of Projects and/or Clients – Manages a couple Services clients or a small EPC project client
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on small to medium projects; supports contract negotiations with other client personnel
• Risk to B&V(Profit & Loss Responsibility)- Manages risk which may include fixed price markets or new clients
• Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
8 years’ experience in managing Power Delivery Projects and experience with both EPC and Services projects varying in size.
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational – Assists with negotiation of contract commercial terms; Manages project budgets, costs, receivables and sub-contracts. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement; Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope; Builds relationships with key stakeholders; Applies value creation
• Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work; Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement; Manages warranty plan
• Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports; Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion; Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results
Preferred competencies: • Builds Networks • Client Focus • Develops Talent • Directs Work • Drives Vision & Purpose • Financial Acumen • Manages Complexity • Manages Conflict • Tech Savvy • Values Differences • Business Insight
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.