Black & Veatch Execution Manager/PM - New Site Build in Columbus, Ohio
Execution Manager/PM - New Site Build
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Manages reporting and deliverables from site acquisition & engineering through construction including closeout documents. Manages the ongoing relationship with the client and ensure the schedule accuracy of the project from start to finish. Supervise outside vendor partners. Identify potential risk. Ensure project schedules are accurately forecasted from site acquisition & engineering through construction complete.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as Execution Manager for multiple site projects and/or multiple clients.
• May serve as front line client interface, which includes providing reports and attending status meetings.
• For new-build projects, commonly responsible for managing site acquisition & engineering activities from initial search ring release through construction complete and commercial on-air.
• For existing site modification projects, commonly responsible for managing site acquisition & engineering activities from leasing and zoning audit through construction complete and commercial on-air.
• Prepares and manages plans, schedule, and funding for each assigned project.
• Provides day-to-day leadership, mentoring and development to the Site Development team on assigned projects and programs. Recommends staffing additions/ reductions and obtains commitments to meet the needs of each project market leadership.
• Supervises the administration, planning, operations, and work of assigned consultants and subcontractors, independent contractors and ensures meeting of defined deliverables.
• Prepares, reviews and/or approves various reports, forms, correspondence, e-mail messages, logs, budget documents, and group goals and objectives. Ensures quality and completeness of documentation.
• Communicates activities with team members.
• May manage Site Acquisition Specialists and Site Acquisition Managers as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as defined by project scope.
• May provide over site of Engineering Manages and Support engineers as they coordinate with production teams and 3rd party vendors to complete engineering documentations and submittals required for leasing, zoning and permitting.
• Provide guidance and support to ensure that all construction deliverables are forecasted accurately and delivered on time and within budget.
• Regularly inspects and attends field site visits for candidate and engineering viability and projects progress.
• May identify outside vendors and coordinate contractual requirements.
• Tracks and monitors progress on all open projects.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Requires 4 year degree, or equivalent work experience. 5 years of wireless site acquisition, engineering and construction experience. 2+ year’s supervisory experience. Knowledge of tower/wireless industry. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Detail oriented, SAQ experience (not just application processing) cell site understanding, and ability to work well with client directly.
Prefer previous project management, engineering or construction management experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Process Management • Informing • Customer Focus • Building Effective Teams • Perseverance • Command Skills • Confronting Direct Reports • Directing Others • Learning on the Fly • Priority Setting
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Knowledge of Tower/wireless and Telecommunications industry experience
• Ability to work independently or with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to interface with clients and drive results
• Ability to provide quality audits for project and site specific documentation
• Real estate, sales, construction or legal negotiation experience (Preferred)
• Ability to provide effective negotiations
• Ability to comprehend legal documents such as, but not limited to, legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and CAD drawings
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program
• Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System
• Demonstrated project execution skills
• Strong supervisory skills
• Client interface skills
• Basic skills for managing low risk projects
• Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms
• Basic knowledge and application of Financial Management
• Basic knowledge and application of PM processes
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.