Black & Veatch Regional Design Lead Electrical Engineer in Coral Springs, Florida
Regional Design Lead Electrical Engineer
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Regional Design Lead Engineer within our Water Americas Systems Design Group in our Coral Springs, FL regional office.
As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, Black & Veatch has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients.
Our Systems Design Group provides electrical, instrumentation & control and process mechanical solutions to all of Black & Veatch’s Water/Wastewater projects throughout North America. Black & Veatch’s Coral Springs office currently serves clients in South Florida with support from our Design Centers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead Electrical design for water/wastewater projects
• Provide technical guidance on client standards and expectations to engineering and technician staff in the regional design centers that are supporting project detailed design
• Serve as technical expert in electrical power distribution and miscellaneous plant electrical systems for client consultations
• Support business development related to enhanced Electrical services
• Build business relationships with clients to understand needs and drivers
Additional Project Opportunities:
• Studies –Energy Optimization, Power System Coordination and Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, and Electrical Reliability Analysis
• Construction inspection and resolution of electrical construction issues
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program
• Professional Engineer’s license in FL or another US jurisdiction
• 5+ years in electrical design, planning and construction services
• Consulting and Water/Wastewater experience preferred
• Experience in a client-facing/business development role
• Power system analysis experience in SKM, ETAP, or other analysis software a plus
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.