Black & Veatch Water-Project Manager 1 in Los Angeles, California
Water-Project Manager 1
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
The Project Manager position is a high-profile leadership role at B&V. In this capacity, this professional will serve as part of the Water business leadership in B&V’s Los Angeles (or Irvine) office and West Region.
As part of a collaborative team, they will be responsible to manage the successful delivery of water related infrastructure projects in southern California, focusing on Los Angeles and Orange counties and parts of the Inland Empire. Responsibilities include financial performance, planning, schedule, quality, and safety.
A key responsibility will also be to lead sales efforts with Client Directors by working collaboratively with clients to ensure client satisfaction with team performance and project milestones.
Projects within the purview of this position will span from conceptual planning, across preliminary and final design, to construction phase support and construction management for wastewater, water and, water facilities; pump stations; and conveyance.
Focused experience in planning and design of wastewater and water reuse facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Manages small to medium complexity, complex projects.
• Number of Projects and/or Clients – Manages one to a few clients and/or projects
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on small to medium projects
• Risk to B&V(Profit & Loss Responsibility)- Manages minimal risk
• Officer Expectations and Responsibilities- None
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
PE in California
Typically 10 years of experience
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation. • Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages warranty plan. • Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Builds Networks • Client Focus • Develops Talent • Directs Work • Drives Vision & Purpose • Financial Acumen • Manages Complexity • Manages Conflict • Tech Savvy • Values Differences • Business Insight
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.