Black & Veatch Expediter 4 - Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Expediter 4 - Oil & Gas
Performs advanced expediting activities to support project teams, which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other procurement duties. May lead others with expediting responsibilities, while requiring minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands project requirements from initiation, is proactive on the information available and leads the development of the project expediting plan. • Expert understanding and ability to use the expediting tools used to track vendor performance and deliverables. • Coordinates, leads and manages the tracking process through appropriate communications with the project and supply chain and collaboration with engineering and material receiving regarding tracked submittals and equipment status. • Reviews and evaluates Vendor schedules (production planning, shop workflow, material acquisition, assembly, shipment) to identify discrepancies in regards to established project requirements. • Calculates, tracks and maintains liquidated damage (or other, as required) positions, following contracted agreed articles. May assist with resolution of related contract positions with the supply chain. • Prepares status reports and presents to project management. Suggests enhancements when appropriate. • Responsible for shop visits to monitor / check progress and shop position, and can review schedules and identify production inefficiencies. • Is able to analyze the Vendor's scope of work and suggest potential cost/labor savings or more effective methods in their manufacturing facility. • May receive, organize and upload equipment shipping details to field material receiving system, or coordinates this information with the field for upload. • Understands contracts with Vendors, including third party expediting agreements and their responsibilities under these agreements. • Manages the expenses and manpower to complete the tasks within the budget provided. • Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. • Trains others in the function of an Expediter. • Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules. • Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide project specific work direction. Following are possible positions receiving direction: • Expediter
Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Skills:
• Basic Analytics - Creation and Interpretation
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Basic Budget Development and Management
• Strong Communication - Written and Oral
• Strong Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
• Proficient Contract Comprehension
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Basic Presentation Skills
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Proficient Project Process Management
• Proficient Schedule and Planning Understanding Preferred Competencies:
• Customer focus
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.