Black & Veatch Interior Designer 2 in Overland Park, Kansas
Interior Designer 2
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
A developing level position where the professional will work under direct supervision of senior architects or senior interior designers to support design solutions that are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants, and are aesthetically attractive. Assist in the production of space arrangement and layout, selection of finishes, selection of furnishings, and production of drawings, specifications and color boards.
Position will provide architectural design support on engineering services projects for U.S. Government Agency and/or Department clients. U.S. Citizenship required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and draws preliminary interior layouts.
• Details interior components to conform to specifications and standards.
• Visit project sites and collects necessary data.
• Investigates and recommends interior materials and furniture.
• Checks shop drawings and installation drawings.
• Prepares detailed material schedules and project cost estimates as directed.
• Prepares hand sketched and computer generated presentation perspective drawings and renderings of designs.
• Prepares interior design submittal package documents as directed.
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited university (Bachelor of Arts in Interiors or similar 4 or 5 year program). Minimum 1 year of experience in the field of Commercial Interior Design. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with Structural Interior Design (SID) and Comprehensive Interior Design (CID) packages.
• General knowledge of trends in office environments.
• Basic understanding of Building Codes and Government Compliance Regulations
• Intermediate familiarity with manufacturer’s of interior finish materials and furniture
• Intermediate ability to provide creative and technical solutions meeting owner’s needs.
• Intermediate functional knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Microstation, Sketch-Up, Photoshop
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.