Black & Veatch Scrum Master in Overland Park, Kansas
Business Line:Atonix Digital
The Scrum Master will be front-and-center in our Agile development process. He/she is responsible for making sure the team(s) pragmatically follow the rules and principles that govern scrum. They will wear many hats in this role including being a motivational speaker, coach driver, obstacle mover, progress monitor and doing whatever it takes to resolve issues that may arise throughout the course of development. All of this working closely with the Product Owner and the Development Team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support, shepherd and mentor the team as it organizes and works together
• Steward the team’s use of Scrum, making sure they pragmatically follow the theory, practices and rules, helping them to perform at their highest level
• Help resolve impediments keeping the team from performing, especially those arising outside the team, using informal and formal channels of communication
• Protect the team from external interference and interruptions
• Build an inclusive, collaborative, trusting team environment
• Ensure the Product Owner is talking to the team regularly and reviewing the features being delivered
• Facilitate the various Scrum events and discussions, making sure conditions are conducive to cooperation and communication, enforce time boxes to retain focus and clarity
• Interact with Scrum Masters, Leads and Stakeholders for other teams where there is a need to coordinate and collaborate on delivery for common objectives
• Make sure the capacity of the team is transparent so they do not get overloaded and can operate at a sustainable pace
• Identify, monitor and manage Risks to the sprint in collaboration with the Product Owner, assigning sufficient resources and time to address the risks throughout the project
• Assist the Product Owner in setting realistic priorities and expectations of the product under development during the product backlog grooming process.
• Oversee the delivery of Business Value and Product Quality to ensure that the product increments created are ‘fit for purpose’
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree (or equivalent experience)
• Formal training in Agile fundamentals and the Scrum framework (Certified Scrum Master, SCM or A-SCM a plus)
• Leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage development team communication and status
• Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
• Facilitates sprint planning and estimation
• Creates and monitors team capacity and velocity
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in Agile software development methodology (Scrum)
• Expertise in SCRUM Agile methodology
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
• Empower teams to self-organize
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Business and technical savvy
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (VSTS)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.