Black & Veatch Water Resources Engineer 3 - Water Business in Phoenix, Arizona
Water Resources Engineer 3 - Water Business
Black & Veatch is a leader in watershed resource planning and management, offering expertise across the entire water cycle, from source water to receiving water. We understand the issues involved in providing integrated water resource planning efforts that include ground water, surface water and/or alternative water supplies. Knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date tools – including geographic information systems (GIS), two-dimensional hydraulic modeling HEC-RAS 2D, demand management programs, integrated decision support models like GoldSim and Stella, water quality models like WASP and EFDC, as well as an understanding of current and pending regulations – enable us to offer complete services. Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water resource picture, often helping clients realize more water resource security and overall long-term cost savings. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water resource concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water Business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Water Resources & Planning Engineer in Arizona.
Within our U.S. planning and water resources business, we have seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from flood mitigation and resilience, water scarcity, groundwater depletion, drought resiliency/reliability/vulnerability, climate variability, water rights issues, and evolving reuse regulations and implementation. In Arizona, we anticipate more and more focus on integrated water resource planning and design as the State’s population increases, weather patterns change and water resiliency, reliability, and vulnerability issues become more pressing. This represents a strategic business opportunity for Black & Veatch, and the Water Resources Planning position is designed to help the company execute projects in Arizona and across the country by providing world-class planning and water resource services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and Water Resource Engineer providing discipline specific services with technical leadership
• Lead scenario planning efforts for integrated water resource projects
• Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for complex watersheds and riverine environments
• Develop flood management strategies and concept alternatives
• Support planning-level estimates of project costs
• Support innovative drainage planning services with industry leading technology
• Support water resources marketing efforts and build relationships with key water resource planning leaders and decision makers throughout the southwest region
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Arizona Professional Civil Engineering Registration
• Ability to obtain professional registration in additional states
• Active Certified Floodplain Manager Certification
• 5 years of water resource engineering and planning experience
• Experience in a comprehensive reporting and client-facing presentations
• Experience leading project tasks and executing water resource planning projects
• Experience in scour analysis and scour counter measure design
• Knowledge of Arizona water laws for surface water, groundwater, and reuse/recycled water
• Knowledge of Arizona State Standards and environmental issues across the state
• Understanding of stormwater management and flood water risks effecting existing and proposed infrastructure
• Strong data analysis and personal presentation skillset
• Experienced use of drainage resources, modeling tools, and software applications, including:
o HEC-1, DDMSW, AHYMO, and HEC-HMS
o HEC-RAS, HEC-RAS 2D, FLO-2D, and XPSWMM
o AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, GIS
o Python and Visual Basic
o MS Office Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.