Black & Veatch Senior Renewable Energy Engineer/Consultant - Wind in Sacramento, CA, California
Senior Renewable Energy Engineer/Consultant - Wind
CA-Sacramento, CA-Walnut Creek, CO-Denver, KS-Overland Park, NC-Cary
With hundreds of experienced staff, 40 years of experience, and over a thousand completed projects, Black & Veatch is a leader in the renewable energy industry. From planning and consulting through engineering and construction, we offer solutions for all major renewable energy technologies including solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, biomass, hydro, marine energy, solar thermal, and geothermal. We also help our clients plan, construct and operate supporting technologies like energy storage, grid modernization, Smart Cities, and demand response.
Support projects as a lead technical specialist, applying advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods in wind energy. Demonstrate thought leadership and expand knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May also start or expand knowledge in other disciplines, functional areas and renewable energy technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports a wide variety of assignments on domestic and international wind energy projects including project siting & planning, WTG suitability analysis & technology selection, wind resource, energy production & uncertainty analysis, development of WTG arrays and support to conceptual designs, environmental studies and economic analysis.
• The position will entail occasional travel to support field assignments, and meetings with clients including: utilities, energy project developers, financial institutions, energy end-users, investors, government agencies, and other organizations.
• Responsibility for successful project execution, with tasks and deliverables performed on-time and within budget.
• Work with others on local and geographically dispersed, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Must be self-motivated and highly accountable with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to solve problems creatively, be resourceful and develop innovative solutions for analysis.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Field experience in the development of wind project layouts, including micrositing.
• A thorough understanding of onshore wind project siting/development, general wind turbine design/function and industry-standard resource assessment techniques.
• Experience in the statistical analysis of wind data, including raw time series data validation and instrument troubleshooting/diagnostics.
• Wind resource and energy production assessments, including long-term resource estimation, energy production and wake loss analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
• Experience with ArcGIS or similar software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email.
• Due diligence review of third party wind resource measurement campaigns, project layouts, energy production assessments, and uncertainty analyses.
• Familiarity with regulatory, technical, and market issues relevant to individual renewable energy technology policies & programs.
• Familiarity or experience with economic modeling methods and tools specific to wind energy, or other renewable energy technologies.
• Experience in wind project operations or maintenance.
• Experience with offshore wind development & planning.
• Post-construction wind energy assessments, including power performance testing.
• Have the professional registration or licensure in their home country, or be in active pursuit of such licensure or registration if not already registered.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.