Black & Veatch Project Controls Sr Analyst in San Diego, CO, California
Project Controls Sr Analyst
CA-San Diego, CO-Denver, KS-Overland Park, MN-Minneapolis, MO-Chesterfield, NV-Las Vegas, PA-Moon Township
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Experienced level position assigned a role in Cost Engineering. Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically, an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions. Develop project risk analysis skills. Understand Financial/Accounting reporting. May prepare forecasts under minimal supervision.
• Maintains and may prepare Cost Report, Cash Flow with minimal supervision.
• Prepare input to monthly/quarterly Reports.
• Maintains and may lead quantity mgmt reporting.
• Maintains and may lead Change mgmt Program
• Gains understanding of key scheduling processes
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and S/C construction partners in matters of cost and progress measurement
• May facilitate the preparation of summary schedule.
• Prepares and maintain baseline/execution schedule
• Facilitates productivity reporting.
• Perform/Assists with critical path and float analysis reporting.
• Gains understanding of key cost control processes
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and Subcontract construction partners in scheduling matters
Four-year Bachelor's degree with six or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with eight years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies
• Process Management
• Presentation Skills
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Motivating Others
Preferred Technical Competencies
• Computer Skills
• Knowledge in key cost controls processes
• Understand financial/accounting reporting
• Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate listening and understanding skills
• Intermediate problem solver
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Understands MS Access and database concepts
• Knowledgeable navigating and operating MS Office software bundles
• Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
• Understands Earned Value Management Concepts
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.