Black & Veatch Senior Project Accountant in South East, United Kingdom
Senior Project Accountant
United Kingdom-South East
Responsible for performing intermediate level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as revenue recognition, transactional accounting, complex invoicing. Typically responsible for analysis, forecasting, budgeting and reporting. Serves as trusted business advisor to management related to financial insight and performance. Provides resolution of intermediate to complex issues. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations, as appropriate. Works under minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• May generate, audit and distribute draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract. Obtains appropriate approval and distributes accordingly. Researches and resolves complex invoice matters.
• Generates and reviews tax calculations to ensure accurate billing.
• Monitors cash collections for assigned project(s) by actively communicating aging risk to project management to determine necessary collection actions. Communicates with clients regarding past due invoices.
• Researches and responds to project related questions, including questions from management. May consolidate reporting for assigned business area. Provides recommendation to primary internal clients. May include identifying areas of concern.
• Reviews assigned project and/or business area income statement for accuracy; reporting, analysis and variance explanation for projects; identifies and communicates financial risk & opportunities.
Budgeting & Forecasting:
• Updates business systems with project budget and current project forecasted costs.
• Prepares and analyzes project and/or business area budget & forecast; assists in development of financial models.
• Structures and opens projects in accounting system. Obtains confirmation from subject matter experts that structure is appropriate.
• May administer project cash disbursements for assigned projects.
• Communicates project financial information to management for assigned project and/or business area. Identifies and communicates material variances.
• Compiles project financial data as required for assigned project and/or business area; notifies appropriate level of management with material variances. • Supports evaluation, development and implementation of project accounting tools & procedures that enhance and improve overall results of assigned project and/or business area.
• May assist by providing documentation to support the proposal process.
• Complexity and volume includes at least one of the following: joint ventures, reporting in currencies other than domestic, on-shore/off-shore, multiple contracts, multiple task orders, and/or purchase orders.
• Assists with audit requests by providing and/or reviewing supporting documentation.
• May interact directly with auditors as necessary. Supervisory & Resource Management:
• Demonstrates strong technical knowledge. May assists with review of policies and procedures. May assist with knowledge transfer and training for staff, as assigned.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement Primary
• Primary internal clients are associate vice presidents and/or vice presidents, cost review board members, finance managers, and finance directors.
Full time & Part time will be considered for this role.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.