Black & Veatch Client Director - Water Business in Tampa, Florida
Client Director - Water Business
Manages all aspects of medium to large Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium to large teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity - Manages medium to large engineering projects involving multiple clients or partners, or small EPC projects with minimal risk.
• Number of Projects and/or Clients - Manages multiple services clients and/or a small EPC project client and/or projects where the project team, client structure and/or project location present challenges.
• Client Management - Obtains new/repeat business on medium to large size projects; supports contract negotiations with clients
• Risk to B&V - Manages risk which may include fixed price, new technology, non domestic markets or new clients.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individual comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Typically 9 years experience.
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements, develops and maintains relationships with clients, conducts market research, writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational - Negotiates contract commercial terms, manages project budgets, costs, and receivables, manages contracts and legal issues, analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement, applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope, builds relationships with key stakeholders, applies value creation.
• Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work, anages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements, manages constructability and procurement, manages warranty plan.
• Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.
Manages performance of direct reports, motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals, delegates project work, practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion, manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Builds Networks
• Client Focus
• Develops Talent
• Directs Work
• Drives Vision & Purpose
• Financial Acumen
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict
• Tech Savvy
• Values Differences
• Business Insight
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.