Black & Veatch Industry Managing Director, Water in US, United States
Industry Managing Director, Water
Business Line:Management Consulting
Building a World of Difference…it’s more than just a tag line, it is the passion that fuels Black & Veatch’s global success.
As the leading employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction company we have an unparalleled committed to our clients and the communities they serve. Black & Veatch is seeking exceptional leaders to join our Management Consulting organization in Managing Director and Executive leadership roles in the Water industry. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Management Consulting and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
• Contribute to developing and delivering opportunities in the marketplace, with the emphasis on Sales and account growth and profitability
• This professional will identify, sell and direct innovative solutions from our portfolio to complex problems addressing market trends in the areas of critical infrastructure, connected enterprise, capital deployment or progressive next-generation energy solutions, for utilities and commercial and Industrial clients
• Participate in selecting and developing a portfolio of assigned accounts across an industry segment, reflecting the Management Consulting offering strategy and value propositions
• Collaborate and partner with Management Consulting Offerings and Services teams as well as the broader B&V EPC team to provide management consulting services to the water market
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Water Industry Managing Director for Black & Veatch Management Consulting will report to the Industry Executive, Water Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC
• Contribute to the development of the strategic direction and go-to-market objectives of the service offerings targeting the water industry
• Create leverage and strengthens profitable relationships within client organizations
• Drive business development opportunities with existing and new clients
• Jointly with Offering professionals, craft client solutions and actionable strategies that align with the overall business unit growth objectives
• Contribute to the growing ‘One B&V’ market dynamic in a rapidly changing water industry landscape
This is a remote/virtual position requiring the ability to travel up to 80%.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10 years of consulting experience including 5 years of delivery experience
• 5 years of water industry experience including investment infrastructure and large commercial enterprises
• 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
? Infrastructure capital advisory services
? Management consulting in our areas of focus, particularly focused on operational processed and IT/OT transformation
o Leadership of development or sales of critical business and technology offerings in our areas of focus
• Experience directing the full client engagement lifecycle for a large firm, (proposal through delivery and project expansion)
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• MBA or relevant Master's Degree
• Proven success contributing to building and growing a rapidly expanding and influential consulting business
• Customer Experience programs and platforms
• Understand the financial drivers and possess the business acumen to forecast, manage, and operate a significant project-based business
• Skilled in constructing a deal win strategy, financial structure, and negotiate multi-year, Statements of Work including terms, risk mitigation, pricing, and payment terms
• Experience building a successful and sustainable consulting practice
• Excellent communication presentation, and social engineering skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.