Black & Veatch Management Consulting Manager, Distributed Energy in US, United States
Management Consulting Manager, Distributed Energy
Business Line:Management Consulting
Provides technical or industry knowledge in the implementation and integration of Distributed Energy Resources to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases. Demonstrate capabilities with moderate level of oversight and collaboration with more senior level professionals. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally smaller or they may own a smaller portion of a larger project. May lead a small to medium size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support execution of projects to assist electric utilities with management of distributed energy resource programs (solar PV, non-solar distributed generation, electric vehicles, battery storage, demand response, energy efficiency), improvement of utility customer experience, software implementation and new analytics platforms, and other grid modernization challenges
• Support proposals and business development with utility clients in the same areas
• Support the evaluation of potential new vendor partners, and the development of partnerships with key vendors
• Support the execution of projects in other Management Consulting offerings (Advisory & Planning, Business and Technology Architecture, Program Services) as needed
Location: Remote with the ability to travel up to 80%
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of Power industry experience designing or implementing renewable energy/distributed energy resources/smart grid solutions
• 5 years of experience leading project teams, monitoring project scope/budget/schedule, and leading client engagements
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Distributed Energy Resources experience - including energy storage, and distributed renewables such as solar and wind, etc.
• General knowledge of the electric utility industry and grid modernization challenges facing the industry, and understanding of utility processes/programs
• Familiarity with leading vendors and competitors in the grid modernization space
• Strong research, writing, and analytical skills
• Strong skills in software implementation and utility program development/management
• Strong client engagement and business development skills
• Strong interest in helping utility clients in addressing industry challenges and adapting to coming changes in the utility business model
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.