Black & Veatch Renewable Energy Project Manager - Asia in Singapore
Renewable Energy Project Manager - Asia
Manages all aspects of small to medium Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third-party companies contributing to the initiative.
Leads the assigned new business pursuits supporting right through the entire sales process. Actively supports new business PGM (Project Gross Margin) goals for the business and specifically for assigned pursuits. Acquires and maintains leading edge technical knowledge for the chosen area of expertise. Provides thought leadership at the conferences and industry events regularly. Develops technical solutions and offers commercial recommendation to increase competitiveness through improved cost and schedule for project execution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages multiple small to medium sized Services projects, and/or a small EPC project
• Manages multiple clients and/or projects
• Obtains new/repeat business on medium size projects; supports contract negotiations with client peers
• Manages risk which may include fixed price engineering, new technology or new clients
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individual comprising this team may vary by project.
• Leads/ Supports assigned new business pursuits right through the Sales process in support of new business growth
• Acts as subject matter expert in chosen area and presents thought leadership at the conferences.
• Proactively leads effort to improves competitiveness through better technical and commercial offering for the clients
• Manages customer expectations to ensure high customer satisfaction
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor of engineering/ science degree.
• Typically, 7 years of experience as Project Manager.
• Identifies client requirements.
• Develops and maintains relationships with clients.
• Conducts market research.
• Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes
• Negotiates contract commercial terms.
• Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables.
• Manages contracts and legal issues.
• Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement.
• Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope.
• Builds relationships with key stakeholders.
• Applies value creation
• Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work.
• Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements.
• Manages constructability and procurement.
• Manages warranty plan.
• Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.
• Manages performance of direct reports.
• Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals.
• Delegates project work.
• Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion.
• Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Builds Networks
• Client Focus
• Develops Talent
• Directs Work
• Drives Vision & Purpose
• Financial Acumen
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict
• Tech Savvy
• Values Differences
• Business Insight
• Ability to undertake frequent
• Ability to undertake short overseas / site stay
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.