Black & Veatch I&C Electrical Commissioning Engineer in United States
I&C Electrical Commissioning Engineer
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer is responsible for planning and executing all electrical startup activities. He/She is also responsible for helping ensure the TFA develops and implements, and adheres to, the startup schedule, processes, and procedures. Experiences with Turbine / Boiler & Motor Operated Valve experience required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attends and provides input to the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the owner.
• Oversees and provides recommendations to priorities and activities of startup work scope.
• Reviews and comments on startup schedules and startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
• Manages and maintains open communications and relationship with the Owner.
• Reviews and comments on startup procedures as required.
• Reviews and comments on plans and startup activities
• Reviews and comments on lockout/tagout (LO/TO) system.
• Monitors and comments on daily activities effecting and involving startup.
• Participates in the monthly contractor management meetings.
• Participates in the weekly site coordination meeting and chairs as necessary.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountability
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• At least 10 years of electrical commissioning/startup experience
• The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of plant integration, operation and tuning required to for supercritical coal fired power plant.
• The candidate needs to have prior experience of the process, the risks and the schedule constraints on integrating the overall plant
• Knowledgeable in testing and commissioning activities for steam turbine generator, 13.8/380kV generator step up transformers, generator circuit breakers, protection and exciter panels, 13.8/0.48kV auxiliary transformers, MV and LV switchgears and MCCs
• Specific experience of working with coal-fired power plants and with Chinese contractor would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.